What is the structure of molecules like? How do molecules react? And why?
Physical chemistry tells us the answers to these fundamental questions. Currently, world-class research groups in the division of physical chemistry focus on the development of theoretical, experimental, and computational methods for unraveling molecular structure and dynamics as well as the development of new physical properties in an assembly of atoms and molecules. Elucidation of the underlying mechanism of unknown physical properties at the molecular level is expected to make discoveries about novel phenomena and properties we have never seen before.
- Primary Research Groups
- Related Research Groups
- Related Research Groups in Graduate School
- Chemistry and Physics of Molecular Materials Laboratory (Prof. Mori)
- Chemical Physics of Surface and Interface Laboratory (Prof. Yoshinobu)
- Complex Systems Chemical Physics Laboratory (Prof. Yamamuro)
- Surface Analytical Chemistry Laboratory (Prof. Amemiya)
- Surface and Artificial Materials Chemistry (Associate Prof. Sasaki)
- Optical Solid State Chemistry (Prof. Matsuda)