Master course student
WINGS-CFS course student
- City/country of origin
- California, U.S.A.
- Watching movies, listening to music, eating with friends and family.
- Places You Like
- Disneyland and the left side of the sofa back home.
- Where for a big vacation
- I want to travel and see different parts of Japan. Currently my goal is to expand my horizon beyond the train stations I use to commute to campus.
- What are your strong points?
- Being a good listener. I really enjoy learning about other people’s stories and backgrounds.
- Music: what is some intense music for intense lab work?
- I have different phases but currently it is Unison Square Garden’s 10% roll, 10% romance.
- What are people in the lab doing?
- Discussing in different languages and working on experiments.
- What was surprising about the suga lab
- There are so many benches and freezers! I also had never seen an aluminum block until joining the Suga Lab.
- Original motivation towards science?
- Being able to understand everyday phenomena with science.
- A few words for future lab mates
- Ask lots of questions!
- Science is…….
- Discovering the beauty and complexity of the world we live in.
Education & professional career
- B. Sc., Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Principal Investigator Dr. Steven P. Wilkinson
- E-mail… reitaka"at"chem.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (change "at" to @)