- City/country of origin
- Roosendaal, The Netherlands
- Exploring Tokyo, finding good food and making an attempt at kendo
- Places You Like
- Any place can be a good place with good company
- Where for a big vacation
- Somewhere new, maybe the Americas or the Middle East
- What are your strong points?
- Staying calm, asking questions and improvising presentations
- Music: what is some intense music for intense lab work?
- Depending on the experiment, either something calming or something to keep you awake
- What are people in the lab doing?
- Working hard on many different projects
- What was surprising about the suga lab
- The great scientific freedom to investigate your scientific questions in your own way
- Original motivation towards science?
- The belief that learning everything we know is infinitely more useless than learning a single thing we didn’t know yet
- A few words for future lab mates
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Science is…….
- Many long days of hard work for an attempt at great results
- B.Sc., College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University
Thesis advisor Prof. Roland Pieters
- M.Sc., Drug Innovation, Utrecht University
Thesis advisor Dr. Seino Jongkees
- E-mail… renier@(@以下はchem.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
- "Urine methanol concentration and alcohol hangover severity."
- M. Mackus, A.J.A.E. Van de Loo, G.A.H. Korte-Bouws, R.H.P. Van Neer, X. Wang, T.T. Nguyen, K.A. Brookhuis, J. Garssen, J.C. Verster.
- Alcohol, 59, 37-41 (2017)
- "Biomarkers of the alcohol hangover state: Ethyl glucuronide (EtG) and ethyl sulfate (EtS). Human Psychopharmacology."
- M. Mackus, A.J.A.E. van de Loo, S.J. Raasveld, A. Hogewoning, J. Sastre Toraño, F.M. Flesch, G.A.H. Korte-Bouws, R.H.P. van Neer, X. Wang, T.T. Nguyen, K.A. Brookhuis, A.D. Kraneveld,
J. Garssen, J.C. Verster.
- Clinical and Experimental, 32, e2624 (2017)