- City/country of origin
- Playing flute, watching movies, trekking.
- Places You Like
- I like nature… lakes, mountains, rivers, jungles, beaches
- Where for a big vacation
- Travel in oceans to some far away islands
- What are your strong points?
- I am patient and I tend to think in my own original way
- What was surprising about the suga lab
- Suga Lab culture is really great! You feel free, creative and involved in the cutting edge research. Learning curve is steep because there are immensely knowledgeable people around and always ready to help and discuss.
- Original motivation towards science?
- I want to contribute a small part, through my own vision, to the total understanding of the truth of this universe and beyond.
- Science is…….
- In addition to the commonly accepted definitions, to me science is one of the ways to develop newer and newer understandings about everything that is unknown or known by using logical thinking, creativity, and intuitions. Modern science, sometimes, seems to be overlapping with arts, religion or philosophy which is the result of deeper penetration of human consciousness into the ever-elusive reality of the universe and existence from multiple directions. Science, however, remains distinctive in the way that it does not discriminate one observer from the other and scientific knowledge and theories remain universally verifiable within the framework of objective parameters.
Education & professional career
- PhD, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow, NTU, Singapore
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Tokyo, Japan
- E-mail… ata"at"chem.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (change "at" to @)