Main Bldg. 1302
1972-1977 Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry, Yokohama National University
1976-1977 Postdoctoral Research, School of Molecular Science, Sussex University, UK
1977-1981 Lecturer, Department of Applied Chemistry, Yokohama National University
1981-1984 Associate Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry, Yokohama National University
1984-1986 Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, The University of Tokyo
1986-present Professor, Department of Chemistry, The University of Tokyo
2005-2007 Dean, School of Science, The University of Tokyo
1979 The Chemical Society of Japan Award for Young Chemists
1990 Japan IBM Science Award
1996 Inoue Science Award
1999 Catalysis Society of Japan Award
2000 Surface Science Society of Japan Award
2003 Medal with Purple Ribbons
2004 The Chemical Society of Japan Award
Catalysis, Surface Science
(1) Development of Heterogeneous Catalysts and Elucidation of Catalytic Reaction Mechanisms at a Molecular level
(2) Atomic/Molecular Level Observation of Dynamic Processes at Solid Surfaces
(3) Development of New Techniques for Characterization of Catalysts and Surfaces
1. In Situ Time-Resolved Dynamic Surface Events on the Pt/C Cathode in a Fuel Cell under the Operando Conditions, M. Tada, S. Murata, T. Asakoka, K. Hiroshima, K. Okumura, H. Tanida, T. Uruga, H. Nakanishi, S. Matsumoto, Y. Inada, M. Nomura, and Y. Iwasawa, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., in press.
2. Advanced Catalyst Design with Supported Metal Complexes for Selective Catalysis, M. Tada and Y. Iwasawa, Chem. Commun., 2006, 2833.
3. Direct Phenol Synthesis by Selective Oxidation of Benzene with Molecular Oxygen on an Interstitial-N/Re Cluster/Zeolite Catalyst, R. Bal, M. Tada, T. Sasaki, and Y. Iwasawa, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2006, 45, 448.
4. Oxygen Vacancy Promoting Catalytic Dehydration of Formic Acid on TiO2 (110)by In Situ Scanning Tunneling Microscopic Observation, M. Aizawa, Y. Morikawa, Y. Namai, H. Morikawa, and Y. Iwasawa, J. Phys. Chem.B, 2005, 109, 18831.
5. Surfactant-Promoted Novel Reductive Synthesis of Supported Metallic Cu Nanoclusters and Their Catalytic Performances for Selective Dehydrogenation of Methano1, R. Bal, M. Tada, and Y. Iwasawa, Chem. Commun., 2005, 3433.
6. Chiral Self-Dimerization of Vanadium Complexes on a SiO2 Surface for Asymmetric Catalytic Coupling of 2-Naphthol : Structure, Performance, and Mechanism, M. Tada, N. Kojima, Y. Izumi, T. Taniike, and Y. Iwasawa, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2005, 109, 9905.
7. Synthesis of Surface Organopalladium Intermediates in Coupling Reactions : The Mechanistic Insight, B. M. Choudary, S. Madhi, L. M. Kantam, B. Sreedhar, and Y. Iwasawa, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2004, 126, 2292.
8. Time-Scale and Sequence of Dynamic Structural changes in a MgO-Attached Ruthenium Cluster Catalyst Observed by In Situ Time-Resolved DXAFS, A.Suzuki, A.Yamaguchi, T.Chihara, Y.Inada, M.Yuasa, M.Abe, M.Nomura. and Y.Iwasawa, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2004, 108, 5609.
9. Three-Dimensional Structure Analyses of Cu Species Dispersed on TiO2(110) Surfaces Studied by Polarization-Dependent Total-Reflection Fluorescence X-ray Absorption Fine Structure (PTRF-XAFS), Y. Tanizawa, T. Shido, W-J. Chun, K. Asakura, M. Nomura, and Y. Iwasawa, J. Phys. Chem. B., 2003, 107, 12917.
10. Self-limiting Growth of Pt Nano-particles from MeCpPtMe3 Adsorbed on TiO2(110) Studied by Scanning Tunneling Microscopy, S. Takakusagi, K. Fukui, R. Tero, F. Nariyuki and Y. Iwasawa, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2003, 91, 066102/1.
11. Time Scale and Elementary Steps of CO-Induced Disintegration of Surface Rhodium Clusters, A. Suzuki, Y. Inada, A. Yamaguchi, T. Chihara, M. Yuasa, M. Nomura, and Y. Iwasawa, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2003, 42, 4795.
12. Unique Performance and Characterization of a Crystalline SbRe2O6 Catalyst for Selective Ammoxidation of Isobutane, H. Liu and Y. Iwasawa, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2002, 106, 2319.